One pan side dish of Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze is super easy to make and the perfect addition to your next meal.
Cold weather is here and so are all the fall veggies for the season. One of my favorite seasonal vegetables is… you guessed it, Brussels Sprouts. Why? Something about the texture of roasted Brussels sprouts is so tasty to me. It’s very easy to prepare and can be seasoned to perfection and on the table ready to eat in no time.
The balsamic glaze is like the icing on the top. I’m no stranger to using balsamic glaze (or balsamic reduction). Check out a previous recipe of Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze and Parmesan Cheese.
To make Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze you will need:
Honey or maple syrup
How to make Brussels Sprouts w/ Balsamic Glaze
Start by pre heating oven to 400 degrees F. Then prepare the Brussel sprouts. Cut them in half and add to roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine seasoning evenly. Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes or until Brussels sprouts start browning.
While roasting in the oven prepare the balsamic glaze. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add balsamic vinaigrette and honey/maple syrup. Stir. Heat to boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Vinaigrette should reduce in size significantly and thicken. Remove Brussels sprouts from oven. Drizzle the vinaigrette glaze on top of roasted sprouts and Enjoy.
Check out the video on IGTV now and don’t forget to follow the series Mash & Spread Recipes for more videos.
Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 -2 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half. Add to roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper to Brussels sprouts. Toss to mix evenly.
- Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes (shaking pan occasionally to help cook evenly) or until Brussel sprouts start browning.
- While Brussels sprouts are roasting, heat a small sauce space and add balsamic vinaigrette and honey/ maple syrup. Heat to a boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until balsamic vinaigrette starts thicken and reduce in size.
- Once Brussels sprouts are done. Remove from oven. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top and enjoy.
Jasmin Foster is a registered dietitian and food photographer in Washington,DC who believes in healthy balanced eating.