This simple Yogurt Bowl with Granola is a delightful meal perfect for breakfast or as a snack made with rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cranberries and sweetened with dates, honey, or peanut butter.Jump to Recipe
Can you believe it’s the last month of the decade?!
I can’t stress enough how easy prep meals make my day so convenient. Anything with yogurt always fits in this category. Why? Because yogurt is the perfect food for jars and bowls. I can take a jar on the go or prepare the night before and grab in the morning. If your in the mood for more yogurt check out my other recipe post for Apple Pie Parfait!
What to put in your Yogurt Bowl
Old fashioned oats
Maple syrup or honey
What you’ll need…
Small blender or food processor
Spatula or large spoon
How to Make Yogurt Granola Bowls
Take the pitted dates and add to a small blender or food processor. Mix until pitted dates are in small bits, the dates will roll up into a soft ball. Using a large bowl add old fashioned oats, raw almonds, pumpkin seeds, cranberries to the bowl. Heat peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low/medium heat or microwave for 10-20 seconds (just until peanut butter starts to melt). Stir in maple syrup or honey. Pour peanut butter and honey over old fashion oats mix in the large bowl.
Using a spatula or large spoon, manually mix ingredients in large bowl until well combined. Next scoop a half of a cup of yogurt to a small bowl. Sprinkle granola mix over top of yogurt.
Note: There will be left over granola when making this recipe. Put it to good use with:
Meal/snack prep– make extra yogurt and granola bowls. Place them in jars and stack them in the fridge
Overnight oats– soak in equal parts milk/ water and granola overnight for a quick breakfast
Optional Ingredients for your Yogurt Granola Bowl
Yogurt– feel free to use plant based yogurt (almond yogurt, soy yogurt, coconut yogurt, etc) to make your yogurt granola bowl vegan!
Fresh fruit– add apples, berries, kiwi, or any fruit you have on hand to your bowl
Sweeteners– substitute peanut butter with any other nut butter (like almond butter, sunflower butter, etc). Use maple syrup instead of honey to make this dish vegan.
Yogurt Bowl with Granola
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup nut butter (peanut butter used), melted
- Greek yogurt
- Mix pitted dates in a small blender until it forms a soft ball (for about one minute).
- Melt peanut butter and honey in a small sauce pan, Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Add mixed dates to bowl. Then add the melted peanut butter and honey to bowl.
- Using a utensil mix granola until peanut butter/honey and dates are well combined.
- Toast for 20 minutes at 275 degrees for toasted granola or add directly on top of a dollop of yogurt. Enjoy!
Jasmin Foster is a registered dietitian and food photographer in Washington,DC who believes in healthy balanced eating.