Snow, oh snow.
Winter storm Stella is here in the DC area and I prepared with a simple meal prep by making oven roasted vegetables. Hands down this is one my go to recipes when I need a quick meal. It’s super customizable with any vegetables you have on hand.
This recipe has a few staples I like to keep in my own kitchen. These include potatoes, meat, and broccoli. I’m a big fan of freezing foods to use at a later date. Comes in handy when I don’t feel like going to the grocery store. Broccoli is one vegetable I just can’t get enough of. Whenever I cook this I find myself picking the broccoli pieces first.
Start by rinsing your vegetables. Cut the peppers into small squares, chop the broccoli into small florets, and cut the sausage into small rounds. For the potatoes, the smaller they are the quicker the potatoes cook. Soaking potatoes in water after cutting helps to prevent browning. Gather all the ingredients in a large bowl and transfer to pan on your stove top over medium heat. Cook for roughly 10 minutes or until your desired preference.
Really, at a time like this it was perfect to cook something I’ve literally made a thousand times. I plan on spending my time doing much of nothing as the snow continues to accumulate like crazy. Good thing my meals are already prepared so that means more time on the couch, ha!
- 2 cups potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 whole pepper
- 1 package or 16 oz turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Start by rinsing vegetables. Cut peppers into small square, cut broccoli into small florets, and potatoes into small chunks . Soak the cut potatoes in water to prevent browning,
- Place the cut vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients (olive oil, oregano, minced garlic, salt, paprika)
- Mix well.
- Cook in large skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables become translucent