I’m starting the week off right with baked goodies. Halloween is well over but pumpkins are still in as we get closer to Thanksgiving.
Hence, these yummy Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
It all started at the pumpkin patch. Walking around with my wagon in tow searching for the perfect pumpkin. I ended up purchasing several small pumpkins for show and a larger one to carve. I promise you, I didn’t need anymore than that but another pumpkin was given to me. I couldn’t say no but what exactly was I going to do with all these pumpkins? Besides taking beautiful pictures with them, my second thought was to create pumpkin puree.
This isn’t for baby food. This is pure pumpkin goodness that can be used in countless recipes as we enter the holidays. My sunday food prep has been elevated to a new level with these Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. There’s plenty puree in the freezer to be used if I ever need to make more ( and I probably will!). The amount of pumpkin in this recipe is just perfect and not overbearing. As for the chocolate chip, why not? Chocolate make everything better anyways.
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup Almond Milk
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix together, pumpkin puree, egg, milk, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
- Add rolled oats and baking power and mix together.
- Lastly add chocolate chip.
- Evenly distribute muffin mixture in the greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 mins or until top of muffins set or a toothpic comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin. More than likely the toothpic will touch a chocolate chip.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes and enjoy!