This honey +apple+ avocado smoothie is sure to knock you off your feet because of how delicious this smoothie tastes.
Summer is not over just yet. I’m holding the season hostage and making all the smoothies. This time around I’m adding apples and creamy avocado (Gotta love those healthy fats).
What You’ll Need:
a little bit of honey or maple syrup
a lot of spinach, trust
ice, for good measure
I won’t hold you too long but just know that this is a very quick recipe. Quite frankly most smoothies are quick to whip up. Sometimes what takes the longest is prepping the ingredients. (all that dicing and chopping and peeling and thangs takes time ya know). That gorgeous green color in this honey apple avocado smoothie isn’t even attributed to the ingredients in the title. What gives the smoothie bulk and that true green hue is the spinach.
Truth is spinach is the only green that I purposely add double the amount because its’ never compact and it shrinks 10 fold when sautéed. Have you ever bought a big container spinach… used some, and felt like you still had the same amount left? Just me? Ok.
A Few Tips:
- I don’t know about you but I like my smoothies just like I like my pancakes, pretty thick, so no ice was involved in making this smoothie. By all means feel free to add a handful of ice or more if you prefer to make the consistency thinner.
- Make this recipe completely vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey.
- Store in a airtight container jar/ container for a day or two (but not for too long). Smoothies are meant to be enjoyed soon after making them.
Honey Apple Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 whole avocado
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- handful of ice cubes
- In a blender add almond milk, avocado, spinach, apples, honey/maple syrup, fresh ginger, lemon juice, and ice cubes.
- Mix until well combined (2-3 minutes).
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! BE SURE TO TAG @MASHANDSPREAD & INCLUDE #MASHANDSPREAD ON INSTAGRAM!
Jasmin Foster is a registered dietitian and food photographer in Washington,DC who believes in healthy balanced eating.