Fresh chimichurri sauce made with Nature’s Greens Kale, parsley, and oregano perfect for a marinade or on top of your favorite foods.Jump to Recipe
I have two reasons why I’m super excited to share with you this recipe for Kale Chimichurri Sauce. First and foremost this is yet another collaboration with Nature’s Greens. If you have been keeping up with the blog, you’d know that I’ve had the pleasure of working with Nature’s Greens several times. So far I’ve made several recipes: Fried Egg and Collard Greens, Kale Pesto Pizza, and Spicy Shrimp with Collard Greens. For this last recipe of 2019 I wanted to keep it simple. I wanted to go back to the basics.
This leads to my second reason I’m excited to share this recipe… I love chimichurri! Whether it’s a marinade for my meat, sauce for pasta, or a dip I enjoy this sauce on just about anything.
For an added twist I decided to throw in some kale. I’m always open to finding new and exciting ways to incorporate more greens in my diet.
How to make Kale Chimichurri Sauce.
Chop your kale, parsley, oregano, and garlic finely. If you don’t think you have the knife skills you can opt to use a food processor to lightly pulse the kale, parsley, oregano and garlic, into small pieces. Make sure to not over mix. The goal is for these herbs to be in small little pieces. Take the chopped herbs and kale and add to a bowl. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper. Stir well. Let sit for 20 mins and enjoy!
Serve this kale chimichurri immediately or refrigerate for later. Will keep for up to 2 days. When ready to use remove from refrigerator and let sit until room temperature before serving.
This is a sponsored post from Nature’s Greens. All opinions are my own.
Kale Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup Nature’s Greens Kale- destemmed
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped or ¼ cup
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vineagar
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Wash and dry herbs (parsley, oregano)and peel garlic
- Destem fresh parsley, oregano, and kale. Add to food processor.
- Next add garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Pulse in blender until mixture is mixed in small pieces kale is completely incorporated. Serve immediately at room temperature.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! BE SURE TO TAG @MASHANDSPREAD & INCLUDE #MASHANDSPREAD ON INSTAGRAM!
Jasmin Foster is a registered dietitian/food photographer focused on feel good balanced living providing recipes and tips to help you live your best life.