Christmas time is almost here!
I was looking to share a quick holiday themed recipe right before Christmas and thought of peppermint bark.
Making peppermint bark is great for a pot luck or for your own family members. With only 3 ingredients you can enjoy perfect little pieces of chocolate bark yourself. All you need is…
Semi Sweet Baking Chips
White Chocolate Chips
Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 12 ounces of semi sweet baking chips
- 12 ounces of white cholcolate baking chips
- 5 medium sized candy canes
- Take a 9×8 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take the candy canes and place in plastic bag. Use a rolling pin or similar heavy utensil to crush candy canes. (Blender works as well). Set crushed candy canes aside.
- Melt the semi sweet baking chips using a double broiler. (Use a small pot, fill with water and place a medium sized bowl over the pan. Place the baking chips in the bowl so chocolate can melt. Transfer the melted chocolate to the parchment paper lined baking pan. Place baking pan in the freezer of 10 minutes or in the fridge for 15 mintued)
- While chocolate cools in the fridge or freezer. Prepare to use the same double boiler method to melt white chocoalte baking chips. (Use the samee small pot, fill with water and place a medium sized bowl over the pan. Place the white chocoalte baking chips in the bowl so white chocolate can melt.
- Remove the baking pan from the fridge or freezer. Pour the melted white chocolate onto the baking pan over the semi sweet chcocolate. Use a spatula to smooth out the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed up candy canes on top of the peppermint bark. Place the baking pan back in th freezer until the chocolate is completely hard.
- Remove baking pan from fridge or freezer. Use a knife to cut pieces of peppermint bark or use your hands.