Hey there, It’s been a while. For the past couple months work has gotten the best of me but I’m back.
This recipe, Blueberry Almond Granola Bars, was something I found myself making every other week. Often my lunch consists of whiffing down a few bites in between care plan meetings ( working as Registered Dietitain at long term care facility). Eating lunch at 2:30 is not really gonna cut it. It’s simple to make, packed with fiber, and naturally sweetened with honey.
The thing about granola bars are that they can be easily customized. For the blueberries I purchased them already dried and ready to go. If you have more time to prepare you can certainly dry them yourself. For added flavor there is hint of vanilla.
It’s really hard to mess this recipe up. The hardest part was cutting. Either I need better utensils or cutting skills, regardless these bars taste delicious.
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toast rolled oats of baking pan for roughly 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a big bowl mix oats, blueberries, almond meal.
- Melt almond butter either on the stove top in a small saucepan or microwave for under a minute.
- Add vanilla extract and honey to melted almond butter.
- Pour almond butter, vanilla and honey mix with the roalled oats, blueberries,and almond meal.
- Mix until well blended.
- Line a 8 in x 8in baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Transfer mixture into the pan. Press firmly with hands or flat surface to make even.
- Cover and let set in refrigerator for 1 hour at least.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
Jasmin Foster is a registered dietitian and food photographer in Washington,DC who believes in healthy balanced eating.