These Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes are light and fluffy .
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl (flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (buttermilk, egg, canola oil, and vanilla extract).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed( no dry particles) . Do not over mix batter.
- Heat skillet (cast iron griddle) over medium heat.
- Spray with non stick cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup mix on skillet/griddle to make pancakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve hot.