- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame tahini)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peel garlic layers until the loose layers are gone. Make sure to keep garlic intact
- Drizzle olive over top (cut side up). Wrap in aluminum foil and roast for 40-50 minutes. Until garlic to soft to touch. Remove from over. Let cool for several minutes. Then gently squeeze out cloves of garlic. Set aside
- In a food processor add roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini , lemon juice, ground cumin, olive oil, and salt and water.
- Mix for about 2-3 minutes. If mixture is too thick add water until desired consistency.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, paprika, or drizzle with olive oil.