One pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup is simple but full of flavor from garlic and onions and thyme. Creamy yet still light this soup is perfect for winter time.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1 bunch (sprig) of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup nutrition yeast (optional)
- Chop cauliflower into small to medium sized florets. Remove the leave and extra stems. Set aside.
- Dice onion into small /medium sized pieces. Over medium heat cook onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, sprig of thyme, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup to same consistency. If no immersion blender then transfer to blender and mix until desired consistency.
- If using a blender return to pot. Add nutrition yeast or cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with toppings.