Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 chicken leg and thigh (attached)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic (divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest from 1 lime
Orzo and Broccolini
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 cup broccolini, stems removed
- salt and pepper
- extra cilantro and lime juice for garnish
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro. Dip your chicken in the bowl and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Over medium heat pour olive oil and place chicken skin side down. To create a good sear put another pan overtop the chicken to cook evenly. Cook for about 12 minutes or until top of chicken is completely golden brown. Flip chicken over and cook for 2 minutes. Note the chicken will not be done. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp minced garlic back to pan and sauté for 1 minute. Then add the orzo to the pan. Continue to sautée for another 3 or so minutes or until the orzo is toasted.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add broccolini. Mix well. Let simmer on stove top for 5 minutes. Place chicken back in pan and transfer to oven. Cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. The orzo will absorb the liquid and chicken should be fully cooked.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and fresh lime juice.