Vegan, gluten-free gingerbread waffles are perfect for the holidays.
- Prep Time: 12m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 27m
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (gluten free oats)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clover
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- In a small bowl mix ground flax meal and water. Stir and set aside.
- Preheat waffle oven. In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking powder. cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine flax egg, molasses, sugar, and unsweetened almond milk. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until well combined. Do not over mix. Let waffle mix sit for several minutes
- Pour about 1/2 cup mix on waffle maker. Cook according to the waffle maker instructions. Place on cooling rack for about a minute and serve.